A gentleman that I work with has been doing Intarsia for many years. He would bring photos of his completed works of art and once in a while he would bring the actual piece in to show me. As we would talk about the new projects he was working on, I noticed the excited expression on his face and the passion in his voice as he described wood grains, exotic wood and the process from start to finish.
Have you ever seen or know someone that had special something that you were personnaly looking for? Maybe it was patience, a positive attitude or they just seemed to have everything all together." I wanted the passion and personal satisfaction that this gentleman had".
My husband got me a scroll saw for Christmas and cleaned a small area in the back of the garage where I could work. I started out by thinking of how I interpeted the process to be and made my own pattern. Of course things didn't go as I thought they would but you have to start some place.
This is my very first thing I made:
21" Floral and Butterfly - containing 125 pcs.
Of course with practice comes perfection and although I am far from perfection my technique quality has increase dramatically.
No comments:
Post a Comment